*Forgive my liberal hypocrisy bias…enjoy the food, football, and family (incidentally those are the three F’s of the apocalypse )
“I don’t know if there’ll be enough ashes to go around,” she said. She was speaking frankly, over her shoulder, to the rest of us waiting in line. “I think I’m cramping,” anonymous voice from the darkened heavens above said. Surely there wouldn’t be enough time for everyone to get their fair share, and I told Frank as much. “It is best to avoid direct eye contact,” Frank said. He was worried. Frank had brought his whole family down from Muskie 3 months before, and as of yet hadn’t even gotten a sniff.
Deep underground in the bone factory, Lester waited for his chance.
Here is a great site I just happened across: Christians Against Cartoons I have no idea if this is satire or not, and to be honest it doesn’t matter, it’s pretty damn funny either way.
Stolen from Here
- Nice Marmot has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts for more information. I will add a side bar attesting to this event as soon as I figure out how to do so.
- I wonder if it is possible for me to go through a day without seeing or reading something that doesn’t remind me of an episode of The Simpsons. I wonder if there is a name for this? An offshoot of aphasia perhaps?
- I’ve recently learned that nearly all of the surface (or readily available without advanced mining techniques) iron ore has been mined. So if civilization ever takes a holiday (man made war ecological meteor gamma ray burst etc) we (or I should say they–the future us) would have no iron age (lets hope they reinvent recycling)…I’m waiting for the age of bone.
- The names of Popeye’s four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye. Now really, who would name their kid Poopeye?
- The average lifespan of the African Brownnose Turtle is 127 years.
- I have had this poem stuck in my head all morning.
- I posted this comment in the Poetry is News is Poetry discussion on Facebook.
- I only drank a half cup of coffee (well it is really a latte, but you don’t need to know that) this morning.
- My slippers are rank. (yes, I wear slippers around the house, and yes I call them slippers).
- Windpipes are now grown in labs
- There are only 62 days left until Bush leaves office.
I have been busy with Nanowrimo, so very little time to think about this godawful crap pile otherwise know as Nice Marmot…So here is some video of the offspring predicting the outcome of the election–yeah I know it was a week ago, but like I said I’ve been busy. Enjoy. Also there is an orange-reddish tint to this video, probably due to the fact that I don’t know how to operate the camera.